HTML code validation is an important part of ensuring ADA compliance of your website. All web pages must have complete start and end tags, be nested according to their specifications, not contain duplicate attributes, and IDs must be unique. To ensure ADA compliance, use our free html validation plugin to identify and correct validation errors in your pages. The pro extension may be used to correct many of HTML validation issues automatically.
HTML Validation Basic
The HTML Validation Plugin runs in the background, identifies and reports HTML validation errors on your website.
Once activated, the HTML Validation plugin uses WordPress cron to scan your website content in the background. A progress bar on the report screen indicates scan progress.
Posts may also be scanned using the Validate HTML link provided on the “All Posts” screen.
The HTML Validation Basic plugin is free and available on WordPress.org.
HTML Validation PRO
The HTML Validation Pro extension adds options to automatically correct many HTML Validation issues found on your website. This one of a kind plugin could save you hundreds of hours of work finding and correcting HTML validation issues.
Once enabled you will find a “Content Filters” tab on the plugin settings page. Simply select the issues to be automatically corrected. As your website is rechecked you will find the issues in your error log disappearing.
How does the HTML Validation plugin work?
It sends the URL of your page or post to the Validator.nu API to verify that you have valid HTML code. The returned errors are stored in an easy to read report with links to full validation results. Once the issue is corrected simply click the recheck link next to the error to verify that the problem has been resolved.
What issues does the the HTML Validation Pro extension correct?
- Converts obsolete align attributes to CSS equivalent (i.e… align=”center” becomes style=”text-align:center;”)
- Converts heading tags inside table headers to span with style attribute
- Converts obsolete attributes on images to CSS equivalent (i.e… border, hspace, vspace)
- Converts obsolete attributes on tables and table cells to CSS equivalent (i.e… border, width, height)
- Converts obsolete attributes on horizontal rule (hr) elements to CSS equivalent (i.e… width, size, color, noshade)
- Removes content from between iframe tags, convert obsolete attributes on iframes to CSS equivalent (i.e… scrolling, frameborder) and replace incorrect values (i.e… width=”100%”)
- Converts big elements to to span with style attribute
- Converts center elements to span with style attribute
- Removes unnecessary type, charset and language attributes from script and style elements
- Removes unnecessary role attributes such as
- Converts named anchors to span with id tag
- Removes empty target attributes from anchor tags
- Removes empty id attributes from html elements
- Removes placeholder attributes from inappropriate html elements
Moves incorrectly nested style elements to the head tag
- Corrects invalid attributes on embed tags and remove unnecessary end tags.
- Converts gallery shortcode tags to figure elements to resolve validation issues when caption is not included.
- Corrects incorrect content values on meta elements set to “X-UA-Compatible”
- Removes incorrect or obsolete attributes from the time element. (i.e… pubdate)
- Corrects or removes obsolete attributes on video elements (i.e… loop=”1″).
- Corrects or removes obsolete attributes on column elements (i.e… width=”153″).
- Adds name and action values to form elements when value is set to empty.
What are the System/Server Requirements?
- Linux/Unix, Apache webserver with MYSQL and PHP 5.6 or PHP 7 >
- To use content filtering features such as auto correction of issues, Multibyte String and Fileinfo Extensions must be enabled in PHP
- Tested on WordPress 5.3 >
- WordPress cron
How do I set the plugin to remove obsolete attributes?
How do I get the plugin to correct duplicate id attributes?
Buy Now & Save
1 Site License
1 Year of Support & Updates
$49.00 $39.00 / year