Table of Contents
WP ADA Compliance Check Pro is a stand alone plugin and must be installed separate from the basic version. Please refer to the applicable section below for installation instructions.
The WP ADA Compliance Check is easy to install:
- After you have purchased the plugin you will receive an email with a transaction id, license key and a link to download the plugin files. Do to a quirk with how Macintosh handles zip file, Macintosh users may need to zip the contents of the download. Refer to the Mac User section below.
- Login to your WordPress Website and choose “Plugins > Add New” from the dashboard menu. (Note: if you do not see this option you may not have administrative permissions on your website. Please contact your website administrator for assistance.)
- Click on the “Upload Plugin” button
- Click “Choose File” to locate and upload the plugin file downloaded in step 1.
- Once the installation is complete, click the activate button.
- If not automatically taken there, go to Settings > Web Accessibility Settings
- Enter the license key received in an email and click “Activate”
- Choose your options and click “Save”.
To install updates:
Updates are free for the first year. Beginning in version 2.2.7 updates are installed from the plugin screen, like any other WordPress plugin. A notice will be displayed next to the plugin name in the list. Simply choose “update now”.
Use the following instructions if you are using an a version of the plugin: prior to 2.2.7:
- When a new update is released, normally once per quarter. A message will be displayed on the report screen as well as on your WordPress Dashboard when an update is available.
- Enter the Transaction ID and License Key from your purchase email and click “Validate”
- The latest version will begin downloading.
- Go to the WordPress Plugin screen, deactivate and delete the current version (before doing this, ensure the plugin is set to retain your settings under plugin settings)
- Choose “Add Plugin”, upload and activate the new version.
- Optionally rather than completing steps 4 – 6 you can extract the files and replace the files in the /wp-content/plugins/wp-ada-compliance folder.
- Go to Settings > Web Accessibility Settings
- Review and update your options
- Click “Save”.
You may run into the following issue if you are using a MAC:
I am using a MAC computer and when I download files they are not .zip anymore. The zip files automatically get unzipped in my mac when I download them. So how do I install the WordPress plugin without the .zip file.
Do the following so your zip files don’t open automatically after you download them:
- Go into Safari Preferences.
- Page titled General.
- Scroll down to the bottom.
- Deselect the box with the text “Open safe files after downloading”.
- The plug-ins will now download as a .zip file which uploads seamlessly to WordPress.
The key is to upload the .zip file via the WordPress plugin uploader interface (not the unzipped folder)