The WP ADA Compliance Check is easy to install:
- After you have purchased the plugin you will receive an email with a transaction id, license key and a link to download the plugin files.
- Login to your WordPress Website and choose “Plugins > Add New” from the dashboard menu. (Note: if you do not see this option you may not have administrative permissions on your website. Please contact your website administrator for assistance.)
- Click on the “Upload Plugin” button
- Click “Choose File” to locate and upload the plugin file downloaded in step 1.
- Once the installation is complete, click the activate button.
- If not automatically taken there, go to Settings > Web Accessibility Settings
- Enter the license key received in an email and click “Activate”
- Choose your options and click “Save”.
To install updates:
Updates are free for the first year. Beginning in version 2.2.7 updates are installed from the plugin screen, like any other WordPress plugin. A notice will be displayed next to the plugin name in the list. Simply choose “update now”.
Use the following instructions if you are using an a version of the plugin: prior to 2.2.7:
- When a new update is released, normally once per quarter. A message will be displayed on the report screen as well as on your WordPress Dashboard when an update is available.
- Enter the Transaction ID and License Key from your purchase email and click “Validate”
- The latest version will begin downloading.
- Go to the WordPress Plugin screen, deactivate and delete the current version (before doing this, ensure the plugin is set to retain your settings under plugin settings)
- Choose “Add Plugin”, upload and activate the new version.
- Optionally rather than completing steps 4 – 6 you can extract the files and replace the files in the /wp-content/plugins/wp-ada-compliance folder.
- Go to Settings > Web Accessibility Settings
- Review and update your options
- Click “Save”.