The plugin includes a public facing accessibility widget to enhance the accessibility of your website and demonstrate your commitment to ADA compliance. The widget includes a seal to indicate your commitment to accessibility, a link to report problems and a toolbar that provides website users with a variety of options to further enhance the accessibility of the website. A shortcode option is also available to display a simple link to the toolbar for use in your theme files.
The following options can be found on the Widget tab on plugin settings page:
- a link to a contact form may be included which will trigger a button displayed inside the accessibility widget to report problems.
- a custom statement can be displayed inside the web accessibility widget popup.
- a custom logo may be displayed in the footer of the widget
- an option to display widget at the top or bottom of your pages
- primary and secondary colors may be defined for the widget
- Find out more about plugin settings.
To activate the accessibility widget:
- From the WordPress dashboard, choose “Web Accessibility” and then “Settings”
- Click on the “Widget” tab
- Check the box next to “Display the accessibility widget on your public facing website”
- Enter the url for your contact from
- Choose a location for the widget, either the lower left, lower right or upper right corner
- Click “Save”
To use the web accessibility widget:
- Go to you website home page and look for the “universal” icon in either the lower left, lower right or upper right corner of our website.
While active on your website cookies are used to enhance a users experience by remembering the state of selected toolbar options. Learn more about the cookies that are used.